SuperContainer not Compatable with Java 2.29?

This topic is 4555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yesterday my Office upgraded to Java 2.29.b11-402 on their Mac's and now anythime they go into a layout with a SuperContainer field, FM crashes. Tested my self. worked fine with Java 6.27, then upgraded and got same issue.

Same issue here, FM crashes when it opens a layout with a SC webviewer since the Java update yesterday (on OSX 10.6), EXCEPT when NoApplet is mentioned in the WebViewer syntax.

Urgent fix needed here.

By version 3.831 you mean, 2.831?

btw, I am getting sudden FM quits in WinXP SP 3 with FMA 11.0v3. Not a crash, per se, but sometimes when I go to a layout with a SC webviewer, FM quits. It doesn't freeze, just disappears. I need to restart bcs the server still has my license key as active.

Is this related to the Java update? Should I update to 11.0v4?

Thanks for the correction -- yes, 2.831.

This is strange. I am using FileMaker version 11.0v3 and have not experienced any crashes with a SC Web Viewer open in a layout -- then again... I -am- using Windows 7...

I would check and make sure you are running the latest version of Java as well as making sure all of your plugins have been updated to their latest version (both the SC plugin and other installed plugins).

A possible explanation, if you're using AutoUpdate, could be that some outdated plugins are hiding away in your C:pathToUserDIRLibraryFileMakerExtensions folder and need to be updated. So, be sure to check this directory as well as making sure the plugins in FileMaker's application folder (FileMakerExtensions) is updated as well.

I hope this helps... if you have any additional questions or need any clarification on this issue please do not hesitate to contact me by any of the below means...

P.s. If you are able to reproduce the crash after double-checking the above, be sure to grab the log file and send it our way so we can look into this issue further

Thanks for response. There are other plugins running (360email). I just updated Java (that seemed to start the problem). I don't use AutoUpdate. I'll look more when I get back onsite tomorrow.

Dear All,

First of all thanks to all. I got so many knowledge by the conversations. well I am also working on these things and I am facing problem while using SC webviewer. After crashing I am getting the message from FileMaker that "Unable to open file. license key confliction occurs". I am having cofliction error with my own FileMaker license key...

Please help me in achieving this.

Great to hear Bcooney -- be sure to send me an e-mail or give us a call if you have any additional concerns or if the problem does resurface.

Khurshid,

Bcooney is correct. Updating to the latest version of the SuperContainer plugin is the best first step. Please make sure that you update not only the SuperContainerServer, but the plugin as well. If you continue to have problems, then please contact me directly at the below e-mail/phone number.

Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a drift here, but...

Hello

I have a client with 20 Macs running 10.4.x, 10.5.x, 10.6.x and 10.7.x and a mix of FMPro 10.x and 11.x.

I am setting up a SuperContainer deployment and have observed that the display varies - some have "Choose File" and "Upload", some have "Upload" (functional) and some have "Upload" (Non-functional) in the WebViewer. Which makes me think I need a minimal version of Java installed on each machine. What is recommended?

Stephen

----------

"Never lend books -- nobody ever returns them; the only books I have in my library are those which people have lent me." --- Anatole France

Wonfuji--

The recommendation here is to ensure that you are running the latest version of SuperContainer (server and plugin), which is 2.832 as of Monday November 28, 2011.

Functionality may vary depending on the machine and the Java version it is running (i.e., some older machines may retain the Drag-and-drop functionality, while others may not), but SuperContainer should still work as expected.

I hope this answers your question... if you need clarification or have additional questions let me know.

Regards,

This topic is 4555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.