SC web viewer not reloading

This topic is 4536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all....

I'm quite new to SC and having trouble.

I have a system that upon a new record create I SetContainer to a default graphic.

Open the record and it's there, fine.

Then I launch the graphic with it's default program for editing by first SCDownload to the local

temp path. Edit the graphic, save it (which updates the file in the temp folder).

Then SCDelete the original and run another SetContainer using the file path of the modified file in the temp folder.

That all works well and I'm deleting/Setting because the web viewer doesn't refresh.

So I have, after the edit, a script that does the delete, the Set, then a viewer reset and reload.

Sometimes the viewer refreshes and sometimes not, now it seems not at all. but if I go to layout mode and

back to browse, it refreshes.

I would like to just open the original, edit and save (bypassing the temp folder way described above) and have the viewer refresh but that doesn't seem to work.

What am I doing wrong or what should I do to make this seamless?

Thanks for any help.

William OKeefe

Frenel Solutions

Hello William,

It sounds like you are doing almost all of the necessary steps. You will want to add the: Set Web Viewer [ ] script step somewhere (most likely at the end) during this process and setting the Action to Reload. This should give you the desired effect.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

That's the interesting thing. I've done everything I can think of to refresh the viewer. Regressing a bit here.... so the proper way to update an SContainer from a SCDownloaded and modified file (in this case a graphic) is to SCDelete the original and re-SCSetContainer with the local file path? Anyway.... I've done the Set Web Viewer Resets, Reloads, both, etc. I can see the viewer twitch but not refresh. Closing the window and reopening or going to layout mode and back to browse does refresh it so I know the data is getting into the SC properly. I'm using the standard viewer code for this as in your example file. Tried other code schemes using SQL and they work fine too.... but no refreshing. Very strange.

Hello William,

It sounds like you are doing almost all of the necessary steps. You will want to add the: Set Web Viewer [ ] script step somewhere (most likely at the end) during this process and setting the Action to Reload. This should give you the desired effect.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Regressing a bit here.... so the proper way to update an SContainer from a SCDownloaded and modified file (in this case a graphic) is to SCDelete the original and re-SCSetContainer with the local file path?

Yes, this would place the graphic on the SuperContainer server.

Anyway.... I've done the Set Web Viewer Resets, Reloads, both, etc. I can see the viewer twitch but not refresh.

Are you ensuring that you are reloading the correct web viewer? Make sure that the web viewer has an Object name set and that you are reloading the correct web viewer when calling the Set Web Viewer [ Action: Reload ] script step.

Regards,

Thanks Obinna, yes, I've checked that very carefully. Everything is in place and properly named. The graphic is going back to the server properly, the web viewer is the only one on the layout and properly named and referenced and all methods of calling Set Web Viewer have been tried. The only thing that refreshes the SC is mode change or a re-open of the window. Very frustrating.

Yes, this would place the graphic on the SuperContainer server.

Are you ensuring that you are reloading the correct web viewer? Make sure that the web viewer has an Object name set and that you are reloading the correct web viewer when calling the Set Web Viewer [ Action: Reload ] script step.

Regards,

Well, out of frustration I deleted the viewer and placed a new viewer on the layout, named it properly, copied the SAME code from the old one to the new one, set all the object settings the same as the old one and NOW it refreshes fine with the Reload command. Go figure. Thanks for the help.

Bill

I have seen this too. Before finally giving in and using the SC plugin, I was trying to parse the webviewer content for the filename. The reload was unreliable. I actually tried scripting Enter Find, Enter Browse, Webview Reload, Refresh Flush, Go to Field, Commit Recs, etc. to try to get it all to refresh.

Yep, I also have a nasty behavior where the object name field in the Inspector does not display the object's given name, but try to re-enter and it says No 'cause it's a duplicate name. You have to go on faith that the object actually is assigned the name. Then, sometimes, the name displays. Code seems to access the object through the name so I guess it's just a buggy display field in the Inspector.

I have seen this too. Before finally giving in and using the SC plugin, I was trying to parse the webviewer content for the filename. The reload was unreliable. I actually tried scripting Enter Find, Enter Browse, Webview Reload, Refresh Flush, Go to Field, Commit Recs, etc. to try to get it all to refresh.

This topic is 4536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.