This topic is 4492 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

The page size has nothing to do with the way layouts are displayed on screen -- page size only affects printing.

Look into FMP's auto resizing layout object feature. It will do what you need.

• 1 month later...

Howdy Matthew,

If you haven't already, perhaps take a look at these two FM Go docs, one ( I can't recall which ) gives the ipad screen dimensions, among a lot of very useful info.

http://www.filemaker...development.pdf

http://www.filemaker...r_go_121_en.pdf

Additionally, one should use separate layouts for the iPad; that way, you can tailor them specifically to the dimensions and contraints of that platform. These would be separate and apart from your current "desktop" screen and print layouts. It's easy to detect and switch to the desired device with a script attached to the File > File Options > When opening this file ... > Perform Script: "Startup Script with IWP and Device Switch" (in my example).

Here is what I am using (not the "cleanest", but it works :D (note that the first "test" is for Web Only account privileges (custom one I set up) - folks with those can only access via IWP)

Startup Script with IWP and Device Switch

Allow User Abort [ Off ]

Freeze Window

If [ Position ( Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName );"Web Only";1;1)>0 ]

Go to Layout [ “Menu Web” (cn_etr3_1) ]

Else

If [ PatternCount(Get ( ApplicationVersion );"iPad") ]

Go to Layout [ “Menu iPad” (cn_etr3_1) ]

Else If [ PatternCount(Get ( ApplicationVersion );"Go") ]

Go to Layout [ “Menu iPhone” (cn_etr3_1) ]

Else

Go to Layout [ “Menu” (cn_etr3_1) ]

Show/Hide Status Area [ Hide ] [Lock]

Allow Toolbars [ Off ]

Show/Hide Text Ruler[ Hide ]

Adjust Window [ Maximize ]

Enter Browse Mode

Show All Records

End If

End If

This first tests if the user has "Web Only" privileges and if so, then goes to the Menu layout designed for use with IWP.

After that, it looks to see if the app version has iPad in it ... if it does, the to the Menu layout designed to fit the iPad; note that all navigation from this menu are to iPad-specific layouts.

If it doesn't contain iPad and it contains Go, then it goes to the Menu layout designed for the iPhone / iPod touch; again, with layouts designed to fit the iPhone.

If none of these are "true", then it goes the the "regular" desktop version of the Menu layout and does a few other chores.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers!

Lyle

This topic is 4492 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.