Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using 11 Advanced on PC for Mac Runtime

igotit

This topic is 4500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I've use Advanced for quite awhile but this is the first time I've needed to make a runtime version. My FMP 11 Advanced version is on a PC but I need to make a runtime for a Mac. I've read the help menu and looked it up on the Filemaker website and am obviously missing something.

Can you help me with a 1-2-3 on how to make a runtime on a PC that will run on a Mac? I could sure use your help.

Thanks

Hi Bcooney,

Wow, that means I need to buy a Mac version of FMP 11 Advanced? That takes away the need of the runtime for pete sakes and I don't remember reading in any FileMaker information that I needed both a PC and Mac version of advanced to make a runtime! What a kick in the knickers this is, I like FileMaker but i'm not sure about this one. Buy another copy of Mac Advanced you say, my boss is going to love me in the morning and could get back to that kick in the knickers I spoke of earlier! :hmm: Sorry "B" I don't mean to shoot the messenger.

Hi Lee.

That's what I thought too but when I downloaded 11 Advanced it downloaded and opened fine on my PC but when I downloaded it on my Mac, Mac would not recognize it!

Both PC and Mac are new machines with the most current operating systems so that would not be a considerations. I appreciate your reply "IdeaData" and as you see I have a Mac and hope you guys can come up with an answer other than having to buy a new copy of FMP Advanced.

Thanks alot

The download version (if I recall correctly) is only for the machine that you downloaded it for, to get the other's platform I would just contact FileMaker and they'll explain how to get it. There should not be any cost.

HTH

Lee's

This topic is 4500 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.