Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Forced page break

The Missing Man

This topic is 4482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a two page document that I want a forced break to separate page one and two.

Is it possible?

Page one would end at the leading grand summary and page two would begin with a header and body sections?

Can it be done???

Question two:

Can I have a footer that only appears on the last page, if I had a document that ran 3-4 pages?

As always thanks in advance.

OK i figured out a solution. I just extended my leading Grand summary tab area to take up the entire page. Problem solved.

I am still looking though for a way to have my footer appear only on the last page. Can it be done??

Thanks in advance,

-AL

A title footer will only appear on the first page, rather than the last page. If you're printing in a scripted routine, you can count the number of pages before printing, set a $$pageCount variable, then conditionally format items in the "grand trailing footer" to only show up on the last page:

Get ( PageNumber ) = $$pageCount

The script wouldn't create the conditional format so much as trigger it; conditional formatting is defined on a layout object, and that definition can't be modified by script. In addition to whatever else you'd want your script to do, it would have to:

Enter Preview Mode

Go to Record/Request/Page [Last]

Set Variable [$$pageCount, Value:Get ( PageNumber )]

Jeremy said, "conditional formatting is defined on a layout object..."

You probably understood this, Al, but I will explain merge variable. Once you include $$pageCount in your script, then you type <<$$pageCount>> onto your layout. Select conditional formatting (Format > Conditional or right-click) and set it as:

Formula = Self ≠ Get ( PageNumber)

Then below select 'more formatting' and select Size and change it to custom 500 pt. This will make this merge variable invisible unless it is the last page.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.