Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Random Printing Problem for repeating fields.

Caronte II

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Our old macs are about to pass over, therefore no more Mac 0S 9...

We g-have to move all our FMP DB (we are currently running on FMP 4.1) to a newer version.

I'm doing tests on FMP 8.5 Advance.

As you can see from the two file TEST 1, repeating fields are not sliding up properly.

These are just 2 examples but out of the many (using real data) I am not able to find a pattern, it seems ramdom.

All repeating fields are properly set to slide up and shrink, there is no object in the layout to stop sliding, in FMP 4.1 everything was working just beautifully

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to correct it ?

TIA

Leo

If you tried to attach a file, it didn't make it. The process is rather easy, if you follow these steps.

Step 1

Find the file on your hard drive, and zip it. Hopefully this is the .fp7 file

Step 2

Do not use the Quick Reply, BUT instead, choose the More Reply Option

Step 3

Click on Attached Files and this will take you to your hard drive to locate your file that you want to attach, and just zipped. Select the file, and then click Attach This File, and then click Add Reply.

If you should have a problem let us know.

Lee

Hi Leo,

It is time to change those corpo fattura 500 repetitions to LineItems (records in a related table). In fact, all those 500 repetitions (I do not know the purpose of some of the others because I don't speak the language - Italian?) should be related tables. Instead of converting from 4.1 to 11, it would be best to have (at most) two files and fully take advantage of the version 11.

Are you at a point that your company might consider some restructure? :^)

Thank you LaRetta,

Yes you're right that's italian, our company is small, so small that indeed we remain faithful to our old macs till well...In realty I'm not even aware of the potential of FMP 11, I'll download a demo and have a look at it, indeed I'm not familiar with building LineItems yet it makes sense exploring.

But do you have an idea of why repeating fields do not behave properly ?

TIA

Leo

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.