Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP web hosted - with offline access too?

This topic is 4437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are thinking about moving our FMP db to being web hosted; currently we are just using it on our local machines. Problem is that one of our users does a lot of travel to areas where there is (gasp!) NO Internet. So, we want to be able to use the Database offline, and then upload the changes when we have internet access again.

I've been looking into GoZync to sync the versions uploaded to the server, but haven't been able to get any responses from SeedCode about how this will work, and specifically if it works without FilemakerGo (which we don't use). Does anyone have any other ideas about how to approach a solution like this? Or anyone have experience with GoZync that might know how it works? We have FMP 11 and operate on Mac Lion OS X. Thanks for reading.

GoZync, afaik, addresses only FMGo clients. SyncDek is the established solution for FM clients. It's not trivial.

Thanks for this feedback. SyncDek definitely looks like it requires more of a monthly investment than our small non-profit is able to make.

So would the only other solution be that when one user needs to make offline changes, other users can refer to, but should desist from making updates to the database until the offline changes have been uploaded? This is possible, since we don't have many users, but obviously not ideal.

I did find this in the GoZync documentation: "• It will zync Pro-to-Pro as well as Go-to-Pro." So perhaps it is possible? Still unclear to me, and no response yet from SeedCode to clarify.

Or does anyone know of any better work-arounds for this issue? All thoughts appreciated.

This topic is 4437 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.