Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Goldmine & Filemaker

This topic is 4379 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone done any Filemaker to Goldmine integration. I'd like to be able to pull data from Goldmine into Filemaker and was wondering if there is a plugin out there or someone can give me a high level view of the difficulty involved.

Thanks.

Dom

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Walter:

I'm trying to pull data into Goldmine and give the end users the ability to modify records BUT I think there may be some issues with record validation, record locking, record field types and I'm trying to find out what the inherent issues might be from someone who has either tried this or is doing it now. Since Goldmine is a SQL backend - I would imagine records should be able to be modified using Filemaker but I don't want to go down that road if someone tells me different.

Walter if you find anything out please post it here.

Dom

Not sure what you mean by integration, if you mean 2 way then this is useless to you, but we migrated 3 Goldmine databases into an existing FileMaker database last year, I did it a bit of a long winded way but it worked for me:

• Exported the entire goldmine SQL DB to an Access Database.
  • Used VBA within Access to export each table to a CSV.
  • I made a VB6 app to create a FM file with matching table + field names
  • Did a scripted imported of all of the CSVs into their matching tables.
  • I then processed each record and looked up related data from different tables.

It took some work getting the process working and figuring out which bits of data were stored where, but got there in the end.

Attached is some documentation of the SQL database format which might be useful to you.

GMTableDefinitions.pdf

This topic is 4379 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.