Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP12 unexpectedly quits...frequently!

This topic is 4345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running FMP12 Advanced on OS 10.6.8 and it is unexpectedly quitting on me several times per day. I just opened it this morning, told it to create a new starter solution, and as soon as I clicked save it quit on me. I cannot remember the last time FMP11 quit on me. Has anyone else been having this problem.

Also, is this the place in the forum where we should be posting all FM12 related questions or was this section intended for the announcement of FM12?

• 2 months later...

We are having the same problem. It is worse on the PC of one particular user and always happens when she switches to a particular related database via a script. The first thing I did was a complete recover of said database although it did not appear to be corrupted, importing the data into a clone of the recovered file. Then I tried rewriting the script differently, changing the layout she switches to, deleting some unecessary objects on the layouts, all to no avail. My users are now asking me why we made the switch since they see no advantages and only problems... I usually prefer not to live on the "bleeding edge" but I guess this time I jumped the gun and installed Filemaker 12 a l ittle too quickly. We are also having problems with printing that is very slow on some (mainly postcript) printers.

Halburn, I had many bad Quits, running similar 10.6(.6 for me). Somewhere I saw that Spell Catcher app causes this for sure. So I added FileMaker Pro 12 to the list of apps that had most stuff turned off. This seems to have fixed it; but I use 12 very little. The quits I got were when messing with calculations on Field definitions (which is a very bad time to quit).

P.S. This is one of the first times I've tried to write here. I had a stroke a bit over a year ago. I'm doing better, but writing and reading are still a challenge (thank Macs for there Speech commands).

Hi Fenton,

A hearty welcome back, we missed you. You have my prayers for a full and complete recovery.

Funny, I was just thinking about you the other day, and went to your website to see if there was a clue as to what you were up to.

You and I went through medical problems at about the same time. I had 12 inches of my colon removed in December of 2010, and went through chemotherapy for 6 months, followed by 2 months of physical therapy so I could stop falling down.

The good news is, the doctors have given me a clean bill of health. The bad news is, I'm still suffering from several of the side effects left over from the chemotherapy. I too can't touch type yet, and I'm forced to use my 2 fingers, i.e. hunt and pick, or use DragonDictate. Both methods are less than ideal, and it's really frustrating to make so many typos.

Good to see you back,

Lee

p.s. Sorry to have hijack your thread Halburn

This topic is 4345 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.