Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Licensing catch 22?

Buckie

This topic is 4393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I may be dumb but FM has discontinued sales of version 11, right? That means if I have, say, ten clients working on a database hosted by a version 10 server and they want to add 5 more clients, the only way to do that is to pay for the upgrades of those ten clients to version 12, pay for the server upgrade, pay for 5 more v12 clients (which they'd do anyhow but still) and on top of that convert their database and pray it all goes well?

And that is more or less doable, but what i have several companies like the aforementioned one working on a single server? Am I going to be forced to upgrade ALL of them just because one company wanted to add a single client?!

This is just horrible.

Contact FileMaker customer relations and/or sales. In the past they would sell you the previous version at the price of the new version, and I have not heard anything to changed this.

Buckie,

I don't know about 10 but you can still purchase 11. You can probably also purchase 11 with maintenance that would allow you to go to 12 later if you so desire. FMI generally doesn't discontinue the previous version immediately upon release of the new one. They just take it off their website. They will announce when they discontinue support for a version. Take that to mean that you can no longer purchase that one.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.