Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Charting one table data in a different table layout - How

trevix

This topic is 4394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Charting with FM is only apparently simple...

I have an example FM file with two tables: "names" and "activities"

I need to chart ALL the data of activities (quantity for each activity) inside the layout of Names (see attached fm7)

You can see that the similar bar chart in activities (layout "Grafico") is fine: it shows all together how many activities there are for each kind.

No matter what I try, a similar chart on "Names" does not work.

You can see that the closer that I've got is a chart that shows the correct quantities but it doubles the bar for each activity type.

Thanks for any help

Trevix

Names.fp7.zip

I don't understand your example, esp. not what are you trying to achieve. In general, charts are very much like summary reports - the choice of layout is certainly a factor in what can be done and how easy (if at all possible) it will be.

I would like to have on every rec of "Names" the same chart representing the total quantity of each activity "ActID" (total, not just related to the name, that means in my file: 2x800, 2x801, 1x802).

To me it seems very useful... for example so that on name id 2 I can chose wich activity to add based on total quantities.

I managed to do it (see attached file), but it is more complex than I tough and it requires to run everytime a script in order to update.

For reasons that I don't know, if I use a calculated field ("Duplicates_c") to set the "Activities duplicate 2" relationship, it all disappear (because cannot be indexed, I believe...).

Anyone can think of a easier way to do this graph ?

Names2.fp7.zip

In reality it is already like you said.

But this is an example and I made it as simple as I could.

An "Unique Activities" DB does not make it simpler to do the chart, just to choose an activity from People.

If you see my example, the Activity DB is related and there is a record for each participation of a person in an activity

Trevix

An "Unique Activities" DB does not make it simpler to do the chart,

Yes it does, because you can use it to count the participations in each activity. Then use an x relationship between People and Activities to show/chart all activities and their counts on a layout of People.

This topic is 4394 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.