Server Maintenance This Week. ×

What tha. . .?!?!?!?

This topic is 8237 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I had this happen just the other day. I've used code 39 fonts with previous version of FM without a problem. I know that the barcode previews fine, but prints incorrectly (by comparing the two patterns). At this point I'm not sure if it is a printer driver problem or something with the particular font package. I do know that barcode fonts like to be used at their native size. An 18pt barcode font CAN be scaled to 12 point say, but you must always test to make sure it reads.

This may be obvious, but text to be printed in a code 39 font must have a "*" appended to each end (i.e. dog becomes *dog*) to be accepted by the scanner.

-bd

When i print a barcode from FIlemaker 5.0 using code 39 barcode, i can't read it!??!??!

When i copy and paste (to ensure i'm grabbing the exact same text) into word pad, word, note pad, etc. . . and use code 39 and print, it reads just fine. . .

anyone had any issues like this??!?!?!?!?! i'll be searching please let me know!! This is our first dive into barcoding really, and we're kinda at a loss. . . maybe i'm missing something simple. . .

Jeremy

quote:

Originally posted by LiveOak:

I had this happen just the other day. I've used code 39 fonts with previous version of FM without a problem. I know that the barcode previews fine, but prints incorrectly (by comparing the two patterns). At this point I'm not sure if it is a printer driver problem or something with the particular font package. I do know that barcode fonts like to be used at their native size. An 18pt barcode font CAN be scaled to 12 point say, but you must always test to make sure it reads.

This may be obvious, but text to be printed in a code 39 font must have a "*" appended to each end (i.e. dog becomes *dog*) to be accepted by the scanner.

-bd

Yes, it was obvious BUT. . . i didn't know that until about an hour before i posted when i got really frustrated and decided to call the software / hardware company we are using for our scanners. . . i never read anything that said i had to have the "*" so, oh well. . .

it's not the font size thing for us at least, i printed a really small barcode and a large barcode from WordPad and i could read both fine. . .

so what to do? If you find anything, please let me know. . . i'll do the same.

jeremy

This topic is 8237 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.