stop tab order from repeating in Go

This topic is 4363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

on the Iphone, when my clients enter data for fields 1,2, and 3. I would like for it to stop after the third and just show the fields with the data they entered, it instead loops back to field 1 and displays it's drop down menu.

any way for it to just stop after field 3, showing no keyboard or drop down menu on the Iphone?

• 4 weeks later...

HI.

I've been fighting with the same problem, but I think I found a solution.

Put a trigger (on object modify) on the pop field with a script that:

- commit the record

- halt the script

The "halt" script seems to work on avoiding the keyboard to come back.

Trevix

• 4 weeks later...

FM's natural behavior is to move to the next field even if that means circling to existing fields. I had been using Halt Script[] until this was explained by Michael (Comment):

The OnObjectExit trigger runs a script when an attempt is made to exit the active object. If the script returns true, the original event proceeds normally - after the script has run. The 'original event' in this case is tabbing out of the field into the next field in tab order.

Since the script has already moved the cursor to another field, and the OP does not want the the 'original event' to proceed, they should end the script with Exit Script [ False ]. It seems like halting the script achieves the same thing - but it also has wider repercussions than that, so I don't think it's a good replacement.

Note that not all script triggers run before the 'original event' is executed.

This topic is 4363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.