Use RemoteScripter to send TCP streams?

This topic is 4406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need to send data streams to a non-FileMaker server that can receive TCP or UDP data streams on whichever port. Is that essentially what RemoteScripter is doing to communicate between machines? Could it be used as such without a FileMaker "listener" on the other end?

Or maybe I'll just have to "roll my own" with ScriptMaster (if that's possible)? I'm slightly beyond my depth when it comes to networking technologies...and Java ;-)

Thanks,

Howard

Hello Howard,

RemoteScripter uses HTTP to send the messages via RemoteScripterTrigger. As such, I don't believe this will function the way you need it to. The only plugin I know of that might work is TCP direct. However, it looks like it has been discontinued and I'm not sure if it works with the UDP protocol. ScriptMaster is definitely one option depending on your use case. If you need the plugin to send the data and get a response, a ScriptMaster module can be created to do this. However, if you need to keep a connection open then ScriptMaster will not work since it is basically stateless in its implementation. In that case we could create a custom plugin to create this functionality.

If you would like to get a quote for creating a custom ScriptMaster module or a custom plugin please let me know.

This topic is 4406 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.