Open Database very slowly

This topic is 4397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a database with 15mb size, when my client what to open that, that happen very slowly, and some times they have a error massage,

I install my databse on filemaker server advanced 11 in windows 2008 r2, and only install it with only master server(no worker install).

In server location, some client use of my database and they have no any problem with this database,

and some client in other location (in other city) have problem with this database.

That client when open database from web,they don't have any problem to load this database ,but when they want to open it from filemaker advanced pro 11, they have problem for open it.

Please help me,

Thank you.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Product FamilyFileMaker Pro 11" to "FileMaker Server AdministrationFileMaker ServerFMS on Windows".

The General topic areas are intended for the discussion of the functions, features and tools that were new with that versions.

All how-to question should be posted to a topic area that best matches the sprit of the problem. Many questions can fit into more then one area, but you only need to pick one, and go with it.

If you have any questions about this action, please contact me through a private message.

Lee

Moving your questions to a more appropriate topic area, should improve your chances for assistance.

As I explained in my previous post, the General topic area is for discussion of the tools that were new to the products when they are released.

When a question goes unanswered, it is usually because of bad timing, or the question is unclear as stated. Since timing isn't the problem in this case, then it must be that we don't understand your question.

If it were me, I'd re-examine what I asked to ensure that I'd made myself clear, and try to clarify any points that need to be, by adding information, or restating question.

If you're serving FileMaker over a WAN, you'll need a very fast, reliable connection. You might want to consider using a FileMaker hosting company.

FileMaker Server 12 is supposed to be much faster over a WAN.

PS: Personally, I hardly pay attention to where a topic is, I just look for questions that sound interesting or that I might be able to answer and/or have no replies.

This topic is 4397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.