Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Highlight Fields When Data Has Changed?

This topic is 4390 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I currently have a script that replaces field contents of several records when I run it. I view these records as a list and I'd like the fields whose data has changed as a result of this script to highlight...but I only want the fields to stay highlighted until I run another script (or add a condition?) to remove the highlight.

It's just a method of keeping track and double-checking the fields whose data has changed whenever I run this script.

You need another field that acts as a "flag" when the data is changed. This needs to be reset every time the update script is run: the script could find all records currently flagged, clear the flag, update the records, then set the flag on the updated records.

Hi Mswombat,

Should the list highlight for all Users or only the User requesting it in the moment? If it should respond to each User individually, you should consider writing the IDs of your chosen record set to multiline. If you flag the records themselves, it will change for all Users.

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 4390 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.