Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Creating a FMP app that keeps inventory

This topic is 4348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good morning everyone,

I'm presently working on an application, in FMP, that keeps track of all databases on a said server.

Right now im doing that prety much manually (Looking at my server GUI and writting name down)

I was wondering if there's perhaps a hidden FMP server database somewhere where maybe an up-to-date list is being kept?

Anyone have any ideas as to how to build a list of db's that reside on a server?

I would much rather build a fancy script that i can just press once every 3-4 months that would just update my DB list with any NEW db's it finds.

Thank you very much for helping me with this.

easy enough to do. Use a OS-level script that uses the fmsadmin command line to produce a text file with the hosted dbs. Make sure the output is created in the FMS documents folder. Save the OS level script in the FMS scripts folder so that you can create a FMS script sequence schedule that first runs the OS script file and then imports the resulting text document.

The fmsadmin command line for the OS script will look like this:

fmsadmin -u user -p pw list files -s >"c:program filesfilemakerfilemaker serverdatadocumentsallFiles.txt"

This will give you a lot of info about each hosted file.

(I'm assuming Windows for the example, the syntax is similar on OSX).

This topic is 4348 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.