Server Maintenance This Week. ×

solve the mystery of the missing quicktime movies.

stefangs

This topic is 8389 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have (chuckle) programmed a game with Filemaker, originally on the Mac. Part of the deal is that some Quicktime movies and sound fx are reside in global container fields which are then loaded into an 'action' container field with a script and played. This all works quite well. Now I wanted to put this on a Windows machine. I installed Quicktime for Windows and it didn't work. What is there to know about it?

And another thing - the Quicktime movie and sound source files take about 2.5 Mb. The Filemaker file which holds them (and presumably adds some overhead to this) is less than 400 K. Where did all the bytes go? Is Filemaker also an award winning compression tool?

quote:

Originally posted by stefangs:

I have (chuckle) programmed a game with Filemaker, originally on the Mac. Part of the deal is that some Quicktime movies and sound fx are reside in global container fields which are then loaded into an 'action' container field with a script and played. This all works quite well. Now I wanted to put this on a Windows machine. I installed Quicktime for Windows and it didn't work. What is there to know about it?

And another thing - the Quicktime movie and sound source files take about 2.5 Mb. The Filemaker file which holds them (and presumably adds some overhead to this) is less than 400 K. Where did all the bytes go? Is Filemaker also an award winning compression tool?

Did you flatten the movies?

FM is probably not holding the movies, only references. That will also answer your problem with windows

thank you for your tips. i went into premiere, learned all about flattening movies, flattened all those suckers and they played on windows - nice! BUT: when i imported them into filemaker, i recieved this:

"Filemaker cannot complete the operation because of an OLE (0x80010007) error."

what's going on??

thanks,

stefan

This topic is 8389 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.