Product Pricing Calculations

This topic is 4249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello, this is what I’m trying to achieve…

We are a window cleaning company, basically what I’m trying to do is automatically generate what a customer’s cleaning price would be to clean all their windows based on if the house is a 1 level or a 2 level, depending on how many windows, depending on where they are located (to cover gas prices)..

I have created what I’m trying to do in excel, but I’m unable to get it to work in FileMaker (Different formula language)

What I want to do is start with a base price.. say $25.00… then, for each window add say $2.00 (if it’s a 1 level) or add $2.50 (if it’s a 2 level…

Then, depending on what city/zip they are located at, it would add some trip fee… so say, customer lives 30 miles away, then it would add another $8.00 or if they lived 60 miles away, it would add $35.00 ect…

I have an Excel sheet I can send you with the same information, can anyone help?

I have an Excel sheet I can send you with the same information, can anyone help?

It sounds relatively straight forward. I'll take a crack at it.

Why don't you post the Excel file here? Or send it over. Whatever works for you.

You mean like this.

It appears I've still not wrapped my head totally around lookups. One question--why wouldn't the quotes::base field (converted to number as you suggested) not auto enter when I had the original relationship

quotes::<some field> ---- X ---- rates::<some field> ?

Populating that field seems like it should be independent of customers.

Windows2.fp7.zip

Here's something you can try.

Things that changed:

Rates are all global fields

The 'quotes' table has changed

The 'customers' table has changes

Hover over new fields 'windows level 1' and 'windows level 2' for a tooltip explanation.

I'm uploading a modified file. See if you understand what's going on. If not, I'd be happy to explain.

Windows - 20120810.zip

This topic is 4249 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.