Copy and Pasting

This topic is 4241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a contacts database and I am just trying to copy some information a field of a record and paste it somewhere else. Somehow the copy (both by Ctrl + V and from the drop down Edit menu) did not pick up the copied information and paste is not available. I tried cut, but it still would not paste, even though the information is cut from the field. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.

The issue seems specific to FileMaker on only one of our clients:

In FileMaker, I tried copy from one field and paste in another field - Didn't paste;

I tried copy from one field and paste in another software (Word) - Didn't paste;

I tried copy random text from PDFs and Word, and paste it into a field in FileMaker - It pasted!

Is there some kind of settings that controls this? Many thanks for your time and help.

Cheers,

The MacGuffin

Yep, typo sorry.

The Finder Level means "where the file is located on your computer". i.e. the icon of the file. Perform a Get Info on the icon, and you will see if the file is lock or not. "Read Only" Or "Read and Write"

Sometimes, when you transfer a file using a flash drive, it will cause the file to become "Read Only".

Lee

Thanks Rick Whitelaw and Lee Smith,

The database in question is located in another server computer in my organisation. It is deployed via FileMaker Server 12 Advance. I went to the server computer to check the database file and it is not Read Only.

Cheers,

The MacGuffin

Server?

This changes things a bit. You need to find out if you have the proper account privileges to access the files in this manner. Ask your IT person about this.

Lee

Hi all,

I re-logined as admin and tried copy and pasting - and it worked. I then re-logined to the original (non-admin) account and everything suddenly worked again. Tested it the next day and all is well once more. Really strange.

In any case, many thanks to all of you for your time and help to resolve the matter.

Cheers,

The MacGuffin

This topic is 4241 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.