This topic is 4268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script that goes to one of my tables, creates a new record, inserts the correct record ID then switches back to the first layout to view/input items. My problem is that when it switches back to the first layout it shows all records created and not the record I just created, is there a good find function to help me resolve this?

Thanks

Matt

I think you should add a line on your script,GO TO the the original layout in layout mode to view your data!

Or send me a capture screen i will write the script for you.

Edited by Lee Smith
Removed site information.

..snip.. send me a capture screen i will write the script for you.

No reason to do this, the forum is able to have attachments post with replies. Just use the "More Reply Options" button instead of the Quick Reply.

Lee

I have a script that goes to one of my tables, creates a new record, inserts the correct record ID then switches back to the first layout to view/input items. My problem is that when it switches back to the first layout it shows all records created and not the record I just created, is there a good find function to help me resolve this?

This is a rather confusing description; when you switch back to the same layout, you should land at the record from which you started. Are you maybe talking about creating a child record and, upon returning to the parent record, not being able to see it in a portal?

You could post the file, and maybe indicate the layout and script in question.

PS: this looks like a double post: http://fmforums.com/...ind-new-record/

PPS: Maybe you shouldn't use topic titles like HELP!, but something more meaningful

I think you should add a line on your script,GO TO the the original layout in layout mode to view your data!

You can't enter Layout mode with a script - and why would you want to view the data there?

PS: this looks like a double post: http://fmforums.com/...ind-new-record/

PPS: Maybe you shouldn't use topic titles like HELP!, but something more meaningful

I deleted the duplicate post

@ Matt

Please do not use non-discriptive Subjects such as Help. It is kind of a given that you are asking for Help by posting a question.

Lee

This topic is 4268 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.