Export all records and email

This topic is 4256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

new to filemaker but love learning it !!! i am building my first database which ultimatly i would like to go on an Ipad,

what am doing is scanning barcodes into a table, when im done i want to hit a button and it email that table as an attachment

In access i could create a macro called Send Object is there an equivalent in filemaker i dont want to save and then attach

i have seen the save to excel script but it asks to say it, i have attached a copy if this helps

many thanks in advance

It would be very helpful to understand why you need this. You wouldn't email a table. You could email a report as a PDF, include a list of records in the body of the email or attach an excel worksheet. Please explain the workflow with more detail.

It would be very helpful to understand why you need this. You wouldn't email a table. You could email a report as a PDF, include a list of records in the body of the email or attach an excel worksheet. Please explain the workflow with more detail.

Hi and thank you for taking the time to read my post, sorry I will try to explain better

I am scanning barcodes into a table , once I have scanned all the barcodes onto the table I need to email back all the data in an excel file

Reason for this is the barcode data needs to be processed via a 3rd party so it's just data collection I am after

Once an email h been sent I will delete all the records in that table and start again at a different place

You can use the Export or Save as Excel commands to save your data to a file, which you can then attach to an email.

Both the "export" script step as the "save as excel" script step have an option to generate an email with the exported file as an attachment. You'll see it when you specify an output file.

There is a separate "send mail" script step that you can use if you want more fine-grained control.

Sorry for the confusion, when I said commands I should have said script steps. (Most commands are also available as script steps and v.versa.)

1. Thanks for all your feedback and comments, i have seen both scripts the Export & save as excel,

do you have to specify a path and not just click - create email with file attachment as i dont want to save just email the records as an attachment

just looked on filemaker go and in the settings i can go to export as email but i need this in a button (Script)

many thanks

This topic is 4256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.