Button to make server preform script?

This topic is 4231 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am looking to create a consistent environment. Is it possible to have a client press a button that tells the server to preform a script rather then having the client application doing the work?

I may be thinking about it wrong, but like a server will run a scheduled script, I would like a user to initiate a script by pressing a button but always have the server perform the action.

The only information I am going off of, that makes me hope I can do it, is in the script dialog there is a compatibility drop-down for client, Web, and Server. I am hoping that the server can do more then just a scheduled task...

Any ideas?

The short answer is "No," a client cannot invoke a scheduled script.

However, a scheduled script can do a find in a file and process found records.

The compatibility selection that you see in the script is to help you write server-compatible scripts (some steps are not supported) that are run using a FMS schedule.

In essence the answer is yes, you can execute a script on the server, but it will have to be a web compatible script. You can do that through a URL that talks to the XML interface.

Keep in mind that web compatible scripts are different in functionality than a server-side scheduled script.

This topic is 4231 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.