Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Program Preferences (continually forgotten)

progers3

This topic is 8261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

PROGRAM PREFERENCES CONTINUALLY FORGOTTEN

I have set up a FMP database on the TCP/IP network here at work. There are three shared files hosted by a dedicated machine.

As we all know, for users to access these shared files across the network the 'user name' and proper 'network type' must be set in general preferences. The database works great when FMP chooses to remember this info.

However, FMP5.0.3 often forgets the these pesky program preferences . . . username field is 'blank' and network protocol is 'none' . . .

How can I ensure that fmp remembers its program settings?

CaptKurt,

this is more related to user.

When new user is created on Win network in Domain and he/she logs on, new profile is created for him/her.

FileMaker stores preferences (as other application) in the user profile, but it will start from blank values.

Good thing is when profile is set as "traveling", it will be written to server and after next login on different machine user should have all back as was set on first machine.

• Newbies

Thanks for the suggestions regarding user profiles. I could swear that the problem occurs for users who have already set their preferences. In order to see if this is true I have made a list of who's FMP preferences are on who's machine. Should the problem occur again I will know if things are screwy with the way the network is referencing the profiles.

Anyways, seems to be a network issue but I will let you know how it all works out. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

This topic is 8261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.