Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email Certificates to Participants

This topic is 3642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a customer who import a participant list with their e-mail addresses.

After course completion, each participant is sent their certificate in .pdf format via email.

The only challenge is; the E-mail App flashing due to the fact that I have to loop through each record, export their info to .pdf then email the .pdf to the assigned e-mail address.

If there are 9, 20, 30 participants, the email application flashes 9, 20, 30 times, and the user sees this.

Please see attached script. Is there anyway I can send each participant and have the Email App work in the background without the user seeing it flash as it loop through each record.

I'v tried Freezing the window and even moved it inside the loop but then realized that Filemaker probably doesn't recognized the email app.

Any suggestions.

Thank you.

Tom :-)

post-89394-0-82982700-1348615367_thumb.p

• 1 year later...
  • Newbies

David or whomever may be able to help:

Similar to this using Filemaker 12 on Apple Mavericks, my script uses Mail PDF under PRINT, instead of the Send Mail.

I have the script copy the email address of a record, producing the .pdf and open Mac Mail with the attachment.

I have the user 'paste' (command-V) the email address as the script pauses for a few seconds while in email, then click Send with no subject.

Then the script goes to the next record, looping until done. I don't use the Send Mail feature. The Mail .pdf opens email.

Each person (record) gets a .pdf of a certificate with their name on it. (Can't attach script at this time; on FM 11 at home; FM 12 at work.)

Unfortunately, the opening of each email, and pasting an email address can be tedious for 60 emails.

I have not used SMTP with Filemaker. You are saying that each different record will get a .pdf with their name on it?

Can you provide a good place for me to start with this. I am quick to learn and love FMPro!

Thank you so much.

This topic is 3642 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.