Filtered Value List - Unable to identify the problem

4Justme2

This topic is 4246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have three small tables People, Households and Households2People. Households contains a numeric field, boolean format called, removeFromValueList. Those households where the removeFromValueList check box is checked should be excluded from the value list that appears on the Households2People portal (from the context of People). I don't where why this isn't working. I have a self join relationship from Households to a table occurance called FilteredTO_Households. The join ties the numeric field removeFromValueList with it's global equivilent through a "not equal to" relationship. The value list uses values on FilteredTO_Households and includes only related values starting from Households.

I must be missing something here because the drop down contains all values (and doesn't exlude those households identified as those removed from the value list). I'm really stumped. I would be so appreciative if someone could take a look at the attached and let me know what I'm doing wrong. FilteredValueList.zip

You are very close! Go into the graph and reverse them ... make the global (gRemove) based upon Households and the indexed RemoveFromValueList based upon the new table occurrence. OR you can reverse the value list ... making it based upon Households, only showing records from RemoveFromHouseholds TO.

Why did it not work the way you had it? If you look in the graph, your layout is based upon People with portal based upon Households2People. If you follow the line into Households, it works fine but when you try to relationally follow the line into RemoveFromHouseholds, it is based upon a global on the child side. That is invalid. :^)

• Newbies

I have three small tables People, Households and Households2People. Households contains a numeric field, boolean format called, removeFromValueList. Those households where the removeFromValueList check box is checked should be excluded from the value list that appears on the Households2People portal (from the context of People). I don't where why this isn't working. I have a self join relationship from Households to a table occurance called FilteredTO_Households. The join ties the numeric field removeFromValueList with it's global equivilent through a "not equal to" relationship. The value list uses values on FilteredTO_Households and includes only related values starting from Households.

I must be missing something here because the drop down contains all values (and doesn't exlude those households identified as those removed from the value list). I'm really stumped. I would be so appreciative if someone could take a look at the attached and let me know what I'm doing wrong. FilteredValueList.zip

Could you supply the login name and password for this file. I downloaded it but could not access anything except as guest. Can you give me a login name and password?

Could you supply the login name and password for this file. I downloaded it but could not access anything except as guest. Can you give me a login name and password?

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. The file is set so it has full access as guest. If you have any further problems just let me know.

This topic is 4246 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.