Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Executing FileMaker Script

This topic is 4219 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear All,

I am working on executing a script through FileMaker Server, But I am getting the error number 101, But when I am executing the same script using only FileMaker application, it is working and executing up to the mark. This is the first time, when I am trying to execute a script from FileMaker Server. Please help me on this. Am I missing something over there. Please suggest me the right way. There is an attached screenshot of script.

post-103971-0-50105800-1349337516_thumb.

Hi Khurshid,

Please check the script steps that are compatible with server.

To see whether a script step is compatible with FileMaker Server:

In FileMaker Pro, choose Scripts menu > Manage Scripts.

In the Manage Scripts dialog box, double-click a script name or create a script.

In the Edit Script window, select Server from the Show Compatibility list.

Script steps that are not supported from a FileMaker Server schedule appear dimmed. The text (NOT compatible) appears next to the script step in the Edit Script dialog box.

Actually error 101 always appears in the server logs if you exit a loop ... it is telling you that there is no last record. And it actually does produce the error if you have debug on. It is nothing to worry about except it makes the logs look bad. If you begin with Set User Abort [ON] it supposedly stops that error but I have not tried it.

Corrected to abort ON

Tim, thanks for the suggestion.

But I am working on FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced. Insert From URL is there on FileMaker Pro 12 Advanced, But not in 11 Advanced. So please suggest me the another way thats what I can use.

Thanks in Advance

You might be able to use the Base Elements plug-in to do this. It includes a function BE_getURL which can load a file from a specified URL into a container field

https://github.com/nickorr/BaseElements-Plugin/wiki/Functions#wiki-BE_GetURL

It's free to download and use, (thanks to Nick Orr) so might be worth a try. If you are using FMP v11, make sure that you get the correct version - the latest version is for FMP12.

Brian

Replace the steps

Go to Field [Customer ComplaintRegister::Con1]

Insert Picture ["$path1"]

with the step

Set Field [ Customer ComplaintRegister::Con1;BE_GetURL($path1;Customer ComplaintRegister::Con1_path)]

You may have to experiment with the way the URL is written, using back slashes instead of forward slashes. To get the URL to your images folder for the plug-in, you can write a simple script like

set variable($$urlpath;BE_SelectFolder)

Execute this script and select the folder where your images are stored. If you examine the value in $$urlpath after running this script, you should see the URL as the plug-in expects to see it.

For server side use, you'll need to have your images stored somewhere where the server can actually access them - for example the documents folder in the Filemaker Server (from get(DocumentsPath)) should be available to the server if it is set up correctly.

I've not used this function myself but see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Brian

This topic is 4219 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.