Outage Update....

This topic is 4159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

It appears we have exceeded the limits of the RAM on our server so it had taken us off line several times the past few days

we've got new RAM going in and this should keep us online.

sorry for the inconvenience. 

apologies were still hunting down the errant script that keeps spiking the server, we have just upgrade RAM on the server thinking this would solve it but it apparently is something else going on - I have our ISP reviewing our hardware.

Wondering if you are aware that the site has been doing some strange things in Internet Explorer for a while now. It works normally in FireFox but when I open in ie it shows error code of some kind at the top and also triggers my Microsoft Security Essentials. Not sure what's happenning but thought you should be made aware of it.

Ron

post-99156-0-80160300-1353076006_thumb.p

post-99156-0-60054700-1353076013_thumb.p

Hey Stephen, I must say that I'm not crazy about those orange underlined links which have now appeared throughout everyone's posts.  Here is an example (attached quick avi), watch lower right where Special is.  There appears to be no reasoning behind what they display in various locations.

I suppose I can get used to them but I would prefer they disappeared.  :^)

file removed since issue was fixed

Hi Lee,

There are orange links now appearing through everyone's posts - just pick any of them (even in post 1 and 3 here).  And clicking them produces different results.  This particular post is 35746 according to the address bar in the link.  I could find the post again but I doubt its unnecessary since it is happening everywhere.  Let me know if you still need the specific thread and I'll find it.  :^)

One link in a recent post was orange double-underlined on the words consulting firm and when clicking on it, it opened a website to buy shoes.  :-/

If it provides income for this website I certainly understand the need but maybe Stephen can adjust the sensitivity or something if nothing else.

It appears to be still there (see screenshot taken after closing and restarting Firefox).  Do I need to clear cookies or do you need to reboot FMForums for it to take effect?

file removed since issue is fixed

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4159 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.