Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hyperlink in the table view of records in php

This topic is 4127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Let’s see if I can explain this in a coherent manner. I am displaying fields in a table view of records in a php webpage. I need to hyperlink the values in the table with calculated values using other field values. Is this possible?

And example of part of the code is:

<?php
                                                            $recnum = 1;
                                                            foreach ($records as $fmrecord) {
                                                                    $record = new RecordHighlighter($fmrecord, $cgi);

$rowclass = ($recnum % 2 == 0) ? "table_row" : "alt_row";
                                                                    $recid = $record->getRecordId();
                                                                    $pos = strpos($recid, "RID_!");
                                                                    if ($pos !== false) {
                                                                         $recid = substr($recid,0,5) . urlencode(substr($recid,strlen("RID_!")));
                                                                    }
                                                            ?>
                                    <tr class="<?php echo $rowclass ?>">
                                        <td class="browse_cell left">
                                            <?php echo nl2br(str_replace(' ', '&nbsp; ', $record->getField('NT', 0) ))?>
                                        </td>
                                        <td class="browse_cell left">
                                            <?php echo nl2br(str_replace(' ', '&nbsp; ', $record->getField('Track 1', 0) ))?>
                                        </td>
                                        <td class="browse_cell right">
                                            <?php echo nl2br(str_replace(' ', '&nbsp; ', $record->getField('Track 2', 0) ))?>

So what I need is that when it displays the records the value in field “NT” for instance, is a hyperlink that is calculated in "Field X"

I am hoping this is easy and I think I have done it before, but my brain isn’t working due to lack of sleep. 

Help!!! And thanks. 

If that field is on the layout, then something like:

<a href="<?php echo $record->getField('FieldX')?>"><?php echo nl2br(str_replace(' ', '&nbsp; ', $record->getField('NT', 0) ))?></a>

Should do the trick (assuming it's a full or relative hyperlink) - might need the , 0 bit as well?

This topic is 4127 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.