Server Maintenance This Week. ×

wits end with printing SC in FM12

This topic is 4067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need some assistance.  I have a FM12 solution that uses Supercontainer to store an image that is related to a record.  When i generate a list of records, the SC may or may not pull the image in from the web.  I have created a script to cycle through the records one at a time, with a pause and a step to reload the webviewer by name.  

I then get to the end of the loop, the script goes to preview mode.  sometimes the list of records has the images, sometimes it does not.  When i choose save as pdf, it may generate the pdf with images, or, it may not, or filemaker simply crashes.

i have tried using the separation model, direct calls, all to no avail.  

I have tried using the companion plugin, to no avail.

Pulling my hair out...

Jesse

If you are trying to preview a large number of pages which contain a webviewer image, then you could well be running out of memory since your computer will need to render all the webviews to enable the preview to work. I did run into a limitation on Windows which was caused by IE being unable to support a large number of concurrent web view windows - I think the limitation was 50. If you are on Windows this might also cause you a problem.

An alternative strategy would be to preview each page as the current record.  View the first record on it's own and save it with your PDF file name. Then loop though the remaining records one at a time, and append the PDF produced to the PDF file.  When it has finished, you should have all the pages with their images in the PDF file.

HTH

Brian

It sounds like SCGetContainer might be helpful here. In your script have SCGetContainer take the SuperContainer image and store it in a container field. Then append the image from the container field to the PDF and see if that helps. Feel free to email me back with questions about this!

Thanks,

Joe-I will be in touch.

Brian-That solution worked for me.  Mind you, it's a little bit slower than I might like, but it's accurate, and that's all that matters.  I wanted to make sure that i had a "reload" step in the script, as well as a pause to make sure that the image loaded before it completed the pdf step, but the append to pdf works great.  A nice added feature is that if i modify the find to add a few more records, it just adds them in to the file.  that part is brilliant...

So, thanks you two...I can now come in off the ledge.

Jesse

@Joe- Will using the SCGetContainer method speed up the process at all?  I have a user on windows who is not getting the image into her viewer at all.  i have updated her java version,but she still gets sporadic results.  any settings i need to tweak?  I like the idea of using the getcontainer, but setting it up may need some assistance.  i reached out to you on skype....

This topic is 4067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.