Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Login problem +

This topic is 4027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For some time I have been unable to log in without checking 'Remember me'. I don't like checking that box on sites as I end up forgetting the password. Recently I could not even do that - my login would be accepted but I would not be logged in.

Another problem is that when I click on 'New Content' it always comes up with 'No New Content' but then I click again and I have the new content.

Are these fixable?

Norman

an new update to the site will be out in a few days - that should fix login issues.

With regarding not seeing "new content" are you clicking it from the HOME page or from the forums.

look over on the left what is highlighted? Forums or Home? when it says there isn't new content?

Also, if you are viewing a user profile then click New Content you will only get results filtered upon that User's new content which is no results ... same with other areas ... no content. It seems to me that New Content should show posts regardless the origin of the request instead of constraining by area ( which really isn't logical ). Even knowing this, it catches me quite often ...

Originally right after login when I click it from Home I get "Sorry No New Content Found" at that point I am in Forums and when I click it from there the new content comes up.

With regard View New Content:

These are the different 'content types'   FORUM, MEMBERS, HOME, BLOGS, DOWNLOADS, GALLERY, CALENDAR, SOCIAL GROUPS

you will notice this filter on the left side of the screen when Looking at New content.

The button is dynamic depending on the Module you are visiting - (NOT ALWAYS FORUMS CONTENT) 

So when you log in you are on the HOME page - and there isn't really any NEW content as i haven't posted any in the time frame that is defaulting to. 

Most of the stuff on the home page is pulled from other parts of the site.

I typically bookmark the direct link to the VNC / Forums http://fmforums.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

----

I will try to address the Login issues soon.

Of course the issue is that, if you go to view someone's profile and then click 'New Content' it says there isn't any.  The User thinks there is no new content in forums when there probably IS new content.  I was fooled by this quote often and I still have to remind myself that I will not get what I expect when clicking New Content from locations other than the Forums tab.

... just an observation from one of your users ... that is produces an unexpected behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still not able to log in without checking the 'Remember Me' option.

That is not quite right. I can log in but I am not logged in when I do so.

This topic is 4027 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.