ScribeFileAsText function return ERROR

This topic is 4000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I am using the Scribe plugin to extract text from doc, docx and pdf file. These files are collected from different channels.

Just around 2% of the files being processed did not return correct result. Half of the problem cases return "ERROR" and the other half returns empty string. The problem files include pdf file. Some are doc and docx file.

I feel strange as I can open the file manually and do copy and paste the text into Filemaker text field.

Would there be some limitations that not be documented? Overall, this is a great plugin.

Thanks.

Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Oliver,

Included with each of our plug-ins is a script function that will return the last error message produced by that plug-in except it does so in a user-readable form. This function only stores the last error that occurred, so you can call it multiple times in your script for each bit of error checking. For Scribe, this function is named "ScribeLastError". Try adding an If statement that checks if the result is "ERROR" and if so, sets an error field to ScribeLastError. 

This topic is 4000 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.