Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMSA 12 - Console wont launch - Java Update

This topic is 3958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

New install of FMSA running on OSX10.75 with Java 7-21 installed - Every time I try to open the Console I get a blank window labeled 'Security Warning', I close that window (because it is blank) and the Console does not launch! Help!

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if I should create a new topic for this or not.  I have the same problem, the console wont launch after the most recent Java update, but I am on OS 10.6.8 and updated with Java Update 16.  Anyone know what to do?  And can you downgrade Java if there is no other solution?

I had the same problem and fixed it this way:

1. download: http://support.apple.com/downloads/DL1360/en_US/JavaForMacOSX10.6.dmg

2. use the software Pacifist to open the pkg that you download above.

3. right-click on "Contents of JavaForMacOSX10.6.pkg" within the Pacifist window and select, "Install to default location".

4. select "replace" within every dialog that you see.

5. reboot

if you try to run the installer the usual way it'll fail telling you that newer software is already installed.

I did this on a server that we use for testing FMP databases.  Please make sure you know what you're doing if you do this on a production system.

Yep just killed my remote connection.

Strange is working today Although I cleared the java files must have been a caching issue.

And the support page http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11550 claims that users of FileMaker Server 12, FileMaker Server 12 Advanced under Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) should use Java 6 (the most current version) !!??

This is the most recent version of java 6 which apple has kept updated

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.