Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sales Figures Report PLUS other data from another source how?

liltbrockie

This topic is 3981 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there... we have a table of sales orders... I can easily create a report that shows Sales persons and there Profit, number of orders etc etc.....

What I am trying to do is append to that report a kind of global framework based on the number of days in the date range for the report... so for example if the report is for 30 days the report should add on a 30x£1000 pound bonus framework.

How do I do this?

I did think first about just creating a dummy new sales order record for the report at run time that would hold the info but this is VERY messy and would need requite deleting the dummy record afterwards and making sure the serial numbers were reset and eveything... is there not an easier way to do it...?

Maybe just exporting the sales figures and the bonus framework figures and importing into a brand new master reports table?

Matt

I'm not sure about how your profit calculation logic, but maybe you can create a search to find the orders within a specified date range and with a specific sales person. then create a sub summary/summary to grab the total order value and have a specific calculation field in the sales order table to calculate the profit based on the filtered orders.

Alternatively, add the profit calculation to each order and then make a summary of the profit and then filter the records that way.

This topic is 3981 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.