Server Maintenance This Week. ×

12.0 v4 FMA bad behavior

This topic is 3972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This specific behavior doesn't seem to be covered by any of the other threads I've seen cataloging problems with FMA:

I think it's slightly drunk. When I move from Layout to Browse, the menu still displays the tools from Layout. When I move from Browse to Layout, the tool icons (arrow T line square etc) don't appear in the header. When I change from one layout to another, the LAYOUT: indicator doesn't update to reflect the new layout. When I change the name of a layout, then referernce it in a script, the script still shows me the previous layout name.

Nothing serious is broken (relationships work fine, data's unimpaired, backups are on schedule), but It's like working with a welder's mask on - so slow and gummy that I'm constantly frustrated. Behavior is inconsistent (I someitmes go 15 minutes without a hiccup) but basically constant once it kicks in.

Have seen this both when I'm on the work network, touching DBs hosted remotely on FMServer, and when the same laptop is at home working locally.

Win7 Pro x64. Thanks in advance for any input.

This sounds like file corruption to me, and not a problem with FMP12.

Are you using the most up-to-date release?

Have you made a report to FMI?

Is this only one file, or are there more than one?

Are you, by chance, using FileMaker on a dual monitor setup...and on the second monitor?

Check your hardware acceleration for your graphics...for some reason FileMaker has an issue at times if your hardware acceleration is turned all the way up.

Lee,

I haven't made a report to FM. (I don't really know how to.) FMA tells me that no update is available. This behavior appears on several different files.

Josh,

One of my two workstations (a laptop goes from a work dock to a home dock) is a dual-monitor setup, and I usually work with FMA's window spread across both monitors. I can spend a couple of days confining it to screen 1 to see what happens.

(I definitely get the same behavior at home on my single monitor, but might not even have rebooted the machine.)

This topic is 3972 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.