Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Insert PDF option grayed out...

This topic is 3958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been searching all over the internet for a solution. I am running FileMaker Pro Advanced 12.0v4 on Windows 7 Professional and can't find out why the "Insert PDF..." option is grayed out and not available. With the Data->Images selected only "Insert PDF..." is grayed out. If I select Data->Interactive content both "Insert PDF..." and "Insert Sound..." are grayed out. If I copy and paste the PDF into the container, I can't open and view it. The PDF software installed on the computer is Foxit Phantom Business PDF. Should that make a difference? Any suggestions? I loaded PDF files in container fields and viewed them in previous versions of FileMaker but can't seem to make it work in version 12.

Thanks

Mel

Hi Mel,

Please refrain from posting in the General Topics They are reserved for the Tools, Functions and Features that were new with the Release of FileMaker Pro 12.

I move two of your posts for the same reason.

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Pro 12" to "Remote Container Fields".

Your container must be set up as 'Interactive content'.

Layout mode > select container > view > inspector > data > data formatting

It's at the very bottom of the inspector.

See also this:

Windows: If you plan to insert PDF files into a field, be sure that a web browser plug-in (such as Adobe Reader) is installed on the local machine. If it is not installed, the Insert menu > PDF command will be unavailable, even if Interactive content is selected.

This topic is 3958 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.