Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SQL Incremental Fields

This topic is 3891 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a Filemaker database that incorporates several fields from my online SQL database. This allows me to modify a number of fields quite easily, such as selling price, quantities etc. My problem revolves around an SQL Primary auto-incremental key field which is called product_id. I would like to create a new record within Filemaker, while maintaining the incremental properties of product_id. This does not seem possible. Can anyone suggest a script that can be applied to make this occur?

Eric

Hi Wim

Thanks for your response. Yes, using ESS. So I have pulled in various tables and fields from my SQL DB into Filemaker. This is proving useful for updating data from Filemaker to our online (SQL based) store. So, modifications are great, however, the drawback comes when I want to create a new record on the SQL DB from Filemaker. The issue is an SQL field called Product_ID. This is a primary key field with incremental properties. I am unable within Filemaker to create a new record from the table containing this field. Rather than use a Wordpress web based GUI to create new products, it would be so much simpler (and quicker) to perform this task within Filemaker. Does this make sense?

Eric

This topic is 3891 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.