Moving folder breaks stored reference

rob

This topic is 3903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I messed up.  I imported some pictures as 'store reference' but in this instance, I need them inside the database in a container field because I need to move the folder.

How do I now say to take that stored reference and replace it with the actual image?

The thing is - there are other fields in the table where notes and things have been entered against each picture.  If I reimport them now, they will import again and I can't match the existing records to the new ones.  How can I map an import to update/replace?  Thank you for considering my problem.  Any hints would be appreciated.

You can script this:

1. As you have stored as reference then use the GatAsText (data) function on the images to determine their current path.

2. Assign a $var to hold the path

3. INSERT PICTURE using the $var as the source

Put all this into a loop for the records to process, and don't forget to the switch storage to internal.

Your original folder must still exist for this to work.

• Like 1

Mr. Ideal Data, 

I have not tried this yet but I know it will work.  And I had discovered the new external containers so once I get this set up right to where I don't lose the internal notes on the graphics then I might move them back to external.  It sounds like a good idea once we are served.

If I get stuck on it I'll post but it seems very clear.  I appreciate your help.  

This topic is 3903 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.