Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Find problem from one file to another

This topic is 3899 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Greetings~

Wonder if someone can help me with this one?  I am having a navigation problem. Basically, trying to find a related record from one related file to another.

The related record I want to find is in another file, within a tab, and a specific record.

What I have so far in this script is:

Open File ("CAD Work Orders")       <-- works ok, this is the related file I want to do the find in, it opens and script stops here

Go to Object {Object Name: "WORequirements:ProductionTab"}      <---this is the layout, WORequirements, (in the other file) and tab name ProductionTab

Go to Related Record (Show only related records; From table: "PartsTracker"; Using layout; <Current Layout>)   <-- PartsTracker is where the current record is

Find Matching Records [Constrain;Notes::WONumber]     <-- Notes is the field, and WONumber is the match I am looking for

I don't get past opening the other file. The it stops.

I have my tabs named as an object, and the files are related. I actually use the field "Notes" from the lookup file, in the current file, but it still won't find it.

And there I thought my GPS was bad..  :(

Any ideas where I am going wrong?  Thanks for any help, folks! Much Appreciated!

Karen

As Raybaudi says, you can write you're Find script in the final file. You'd want to set the data needed for the Find into a global field (which can be seen by the other file; any relationship works for that).

But since you're seeming to be going to related records, there is a direct method; IF you have (in the first file) a relationship (in the Relationship Graph) to that file's table. One of the options of Go to Related Record is to tell it to use another file's layout. You'd want to test first whether anything is there. If so, you can go directly to those related records, on the specified layout. Here is one I have in a database I have. It calls another script, in the last file. That can be as simple as (last step): Select Window [ Current Window ], with, if needed, any other tweaks to the final window.

post-60813-0-80585400-1378678160_thumb.p

post-60813-0-82409300-1378678320_thumb.p

Thanks for the help! I completely forgot I had to set a script in the other file, to actually do the find. Once I had the first file call the script from thesecond file, enter in the parameters everything worked fine, and it found the record I was looking for. 

Thanks Again!

Karen

This topic is 3899 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.