Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Emailing an Actual Report

BluiSh

This topic is 3886 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I have a solution already with reports in a normal basis, my question is that I need to send the report via email insted of printed, I know that we have a script step already to send emails but I have to attach a file in order to send an email, there is any more functional o direct way to do it?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Sincerely

BluiSh

@doughemi - I'm surprised at your answer, and assume that I'm missing something in the original question, since your knowledge level is such that you must know that FM's built-in capabilities support one attachment.

@Bluish - you have a choice. The Save as PDF script step allows you to create a PDF of a report and with a click of a checkbox in the options, attach that report to an email.

otherwise, as No_access suggested, export the PDF (to the Temporary folder, perhaps, $exportPath = Get (TemporaryPath) & "myreport.pdf" ) and then attach that file to the outgoing email using Send Mail referencing the $exportPath in the attachment field.

@ doughemi - wow, you read into that statement that he wanted an html email with his "report" the body. Given that, yes, he'd need a plug-in (and quite a bit of html).

So, BluiSh, can you elaborate on "any more functional o direct way"? Are you trying to avoid attachments? You can dump text (albeit plain text) into the body of an email, but many of us here don't picture that as a "report."

demo here

This topic is 3886 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.