In a layout with a tab order, the message "unmodifiable field" appears

FranciscoMtz

This topic is 3876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Sorry.

I forgot to say that there is no number on that calculation field.

For example, type info in first field that have number 1 in order, then it takes me to the second field that have the number 2 and I type the info for that field, then the 3rd, 4th, but after it takes me to the field number 5 in order and start to type any character, it takes me to the calculation field and appears the "unmodifiable field", I close that message and continue typing another character on the field 5 and the message appears again, then takes me to the calculation field, and the same again and again.

As I said, there's no order number for that calculation field.

Hi Francisco,  

I would assume that your external dedicated FileMaker Server is backed up?  I hope you have a dedicated server for FM and not that you are placing the file on a shared server.  And if it is backed up, you could use that file instead - we don't need a current one.  If it is a single file, and you don't have access to it, how can you make changes?  If you are instead using Separation Model then you have access to the UI then that is all we need to see.

It sounds like there is a script trigger on field5 and the tab order is involved.  Two quick things you can check ... turn off entry to the calc field:  select calc, and in Inspector Data Tab, uncheck 'browse' for entry.  Also remove the calc from the tab order.  But those are guesses and Comment is correct that we really need to see your file otherwise even if our suggestion fixes it, it might not be the best fix and it might just mask an underlying issue.  :-)

EDIT:  I forgot to mention to check field5 and see if there is a script trigger attached.

Edited by LaRetta

This topic is 3876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.