Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looping script to change text color

This topic is 3838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!

Is it possible to have a script run to change the color of a simple text box - I am trying to have it actually blink, between like, Red, and white. I am looking to get it to blink if certain conditions are met for the record, like, if it's an exempt (vs. non-exempt) item -it would blink to notify the user. 

Ideally, I would be great to loop it, so it runs non-stop when the DB file is opened.

Any help is appreciated, thanks so much!

Karen

I have friend who seizures if things blink and it is not uncommon I am told.  With web I 

sorry, I meant to say I should read the links first. 

Wow that second web page sure looked official.  I will not blink either.:)

Actually I wanted to say welcome back, Comment then I chickened out then I got brave again.  Welcome back!

Setting things to blink is just a bad idea. It can be done with conditional formatting and a script that refreshes the screen periodically. That's as far as I'll go. There is a thread on this forum that explains it. Search for blink or change field background color.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I know it's not typically a good idea, however it's just one word I am trying to made blink, slowly, at best, and it's also a layout that someone would not stay one for very long at all. I am just trying to bring these particular part numbers to someone's attention, as they are "special". It's just a stock check layout, so no one other than myself would be on it very long. 

Thanks for the tips,

K.

This topic is 3838 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.