Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Gray out text color when all records are showing

This topic is 3831 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to recreate the Show all Records button (with text) on my layout.  What's the script behind the conditional formatting?  When all records are showing the icon is grayed out.  If I use text in place of the icon how do I gray out the text when all records are showing?

I'm not articulating my question correctly.  If the total records equal 4 and I do a Find resulting in  only 2 records I want my button text to be grayed out.  When I use Get(FoundCount) and or Get(TotalRecordCount) it returns 4 (regardless of my Find result).  How do I identify the resultant number of records from my find?  Maybe I'm using it wrong. Can you advise?  My user name and password on the attached is admin.

FoundCount.zip

When I use Get(FoundCount) and or Get(TotalRecordCount) it returns 4 (regardless of my Find result). 

If your found set contains 2 records, then Get ( FoundCount ) returns 2. You would see that in your file too if you only set the calculation fields to be unstored.

In any case, you don't need the calculation fields for conditional formatting; just set the button text color to change to grey when =

Get ( FoundCount ) = Get ( TotalRecordCount )

This topic is 3831 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.