convert date from mm/dd/yyyy to yyyy-mm-dd

This topic is 3785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Do you mean your "dates" are stored in a TEXT field, in the form of "yyyy-mm-dd?

If so, why don't you convert them to real dates, using your file's format of m/d/y - instead of going the other way round? That way you get the full benefits of date manipulations - for example, you can search for dates in a given range.

The way you have it now, you would need to do:

Enter Find Mode []
Set Field [ YourTable::Textdate; Let ( d = Get(CurrentDate); Year ( d ) & SerialIncrement ( "-00" ; Month ( d ) ) & SerialIncrement ( "-00" ; Day ( d ) ) ) ]
Perform Find[]
  • Like 1

Thanks.Sorry but actually I want to find records based on timestamp means i want to find only those records which were creaated in last two hours .In this in this if I change format like this Set Variable[$date;Value:Year(Get(CurrentDate))&"-"&Month(Get(CurrentDate))&"-"&Day(Get(CurrentDate))]

This in day and months if its value are below 10 then give o/p 6 instead of "06"..

I had a thought that perhaps the system date format might have been sett to mm/dd/yyyy. Yesterday a run time wouldn't accept the way I was inputting a date. Upon checking my system settings I found they had changed. Reading this thread back this is likely not related to th op's problem.

This topic is 3785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.