Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Not a great start... Thank you FileMaker....

This topic is 3796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well, I am among the many users of this forum to be really excited by the latest version of FileMaker.

I got the FMPA13 software and licences from one of my AVLA's the other day, and have been busy exploring the features that'll help me enhance all of my FM solutions that I have written for my company.

I also got the software and licences for the server version from one of my other AVLA's (the company has a few agreements in place, for different divisions etc). This is where it all started going wrong.

Backed up my server as a good IT chap should, I even read the Getting Started Guide to kill some time while I was waiting for the backup to complete!

Dutifully copied all my solutions out of the FM directory structure, cleared the suggested caches and uninstalled FMS12. Ah bliss... All was going well.

Installed FMS13 with the supplied licence key details, all OK. Completed the Deployment, all OK.

Then noticed that none of my DB's were being hosted and that according to the 'Change Server Licence Key' section - I had 0 connections available for anything, and the error log showed that I had an invalid licence key...

Re-entered my Licence Key Details very carefully (several times), tried both the keys that I was sent by FileMaker, and nothing has worked.

Thanks for that FileMaker, what a complete waste of a day.

Currently restoring back to FMS12 from backup and wondering how I am going to convince my bosses that FM13 is a suitable platform to continue working with if I can't even get the software installed....

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!

Rant Over.,

I did an upgrade from FMSA 12 to FMS 13, with out any issues. I did an uninstall of FMSA 12 and left all the current databases in their default directories and installed FMS 13. It came up just fine and the databases opened and were accessible without issue.

When you install FMS13 on a machine, where a FMS has previously (or currently) been installed, you should do this:

1) Uninstall the previous version

2) DELETE the FileMaker Server folder, that on Mac is in /Library/ (can't remember the location on windows)

3) Then install FMS13 and deploy

Step 2 is very important and the reason is that the uninstaller does not remove everything from here, including your data folder. However, there is also still traces of engine components and when you install FMS13 on top, it does not completely replace all old components, leaving your FMS in a state of mixed components.

This topic is 3796 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.