Does not import through auto_bot but when i run the progam, data is imported

This topic is 3781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a starnge situation.

I added a new nightly sweep. I basically duplicated an exisitng progam and changed the tables so that data will now import to newly created tables.

I have a schedular setup to run this every night.

The schedular runs the programs, it goes the table layout, deletes the old records and imports nothing. the message says imported 0 records.

But when I open this program and run it manually, it imports all the records.

I checked to see that the file where the newly created tables are have Full access to delete, add and modify records. No restriction.

What I am doing wrong?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Please update your profile to reflect the version of FileMaker, platform and OS that you are using. Here is a quick link to help you out MY Profile.

In any event, I will be moving this to import and exporting topic because the General Topics are reserved for discussion of the tool, functions and features that were new in that release of FileMaker

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "FileMaker Legacy Versions 7 – 9" to "Importing & Exporting".

Edited by Lee Smith
added to the reason for move

When you say 'scheduler' do you mean FileMaker Server scheduled script or do you mean Windows Scheduler or ?  If you are running this export with FMS then you must use one of the supported export paths.  Please see:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12067/kw/server%20side%20script%20export/session/L3RpbWUvMTM4NjgzNDQzMS9zaWQvejFUKkdDSGw%3D

You can branch your script and create a variable path accordingly.  :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Give us some more details about the windows schedule task you've set up.  Do you just launch the file (which would require the file to auto-login with full admin credentials as per your description = bad idea).  Or do you use a VBscript that talks to FileMaker's ActiveX API to open the file and run a script?

I'm guessing you do not have FileMaker Server installed?

Please update your profile to reflect the version of FileMaker, platform and OS that you are using. Here is a quick link to help you out MY Profile.

Update your profile to show the version of FileMaker, platform and OS.

I would guess that you are on a windows machine?

anyway, it takes only a minute to let us know your setup.

Lee

This topic is 3781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.