filtering value list based on users privilege set

madman411

This topic is 3809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm looking to find out if it is possible to filter a value list based on the users privilege set, or perhaps something similar such as an administrator using checkboxes to define what values are available. I would use the Pop-Up menu with a script trigger to perform the "command"...

For example, I could have a value list that acts like the File menu: 

New Record

Delete Record

Print Report

Flag Record for Review

A user that is within the privilege set "Manager" could have all the preceding values available, and maybe an additional "Clear Flag" value, but a user within the privilege set "User" would only include the values "Print Report" and "Flag Record for Review".

I would imagine I would maybe need a table to contain the individual values and perhaps use a calculation that groups the command values to the privilege set name (Let??)

I realize there are two different methods described in this post, but I figure the calculation would be similar.

Cheers!

If you have a table of commands or whatever, and each record has a field where you store a privilege set name, you could make a simple calculation in the Security settings to compare the user's privilege set with that field. Once you do that, you're basically done: when you show related values from that table, the user will only see those where they have appropriate access. The Security settings handle it.

All that said, your plan sounds kind of terrible. Have you considered using custom menus?

• Like 1

All that said, your plan sounds kind of terrible. Have you considered using custom menus?

HAH! Fair enough. I would still want the custom filtered options within the custom menu. I was merely asking to see if it was possible to achieve filtering a value list based on the privilege set.

Cheers!

This topic is 3809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.