Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to activate email client and email contacts

This topic is 3774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

Hope this is the correct forum.  I was trying to replicate a system I have been using up to now.

I was hoping to activate an email client either outlook or gmail and send out emails to all the records i choose or all of them, I have an email field for each contact.

Thanks for any pointers.

the "Send Mail/Send via: E-mail Client" script step chooses the standard mail application which is defined by the operating system. filemaker can't define that app.

check the abovementioned script step.

• Thanks 1

Hi Thanks.

My old system web based you could make a newsletter or just open email client using a button and select to send to all recipients which had email addresses.  Would that be possible??

It depends....

You can't send mail via a client if that client is web based. You can send via a mail app through gmail if you configure the mail app to use gmail.

You can't send HTML formatted e-mail (which is really what makes a newsletter).

I recommend using Send Mail via Server if using Gmail.

I would also recommend *not* sending a newsletter using your regular e-mail account, but choosing a service like MailChimp instead. It's an easy way to get your email account flagged for spam.

• Thanks 1

Ah OK.  My old system was web based and cost a fortune per year so trying to make my own system for scout.  I used to be able to email from within it, but sending regular emails to scouts parents was easier from it but i may try your solutions.  I thought maybe i could have made a note or something and just emailed it out to parents.  Will have a look.

Thanks again.

This topic is 3774 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.