Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 13 strange glitch

This topic is 3772 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Last week I posted regarding a problem with two script steps getting reversed. This was probably in version 11. However today I found something else strange while using FMPA13. As a result of my last glitch I've been paying closer attention to certain things. On a layout that serves as a pay slip I noticed something odd in the figures contained in a Summary field. Instead of displaying a running total it was displaying total. I am positive I never set the option from running total to total. It has always been a running total, but there it was, set to "Total". Luckily this wasn't an issue that changed or lost data. Has anyone else heard of this sort of thing happening?

Rick.

I have not, Rkck, but I would not be surprised is there aren't unexpected behaviour differences and even various bugs during this first version.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I've noticed a few oddities but I am waiting to identify their principle before I mention them.

Summary has inherited the List Of option which might not translate in some configurations.  Keep us informed for sure.

Besides, what is one man's bug may be another man's ...

Would be interesting to know when these changes happened. Going way back to FMP6 to FMP7 conversions, the conversion process itself introduced changes in logic. I haven't seen other posts indicating this from 11 to 12 or 11 to 13, but that does not mean there are not some subtle conversion bugs. As I have a large conversion coming up some time this year, I have been watching for stuff like this. It would be comforting to know it is human error.

An update. I checked a backup from around a month ago. The Summary field was set to "running" . Checked a more recent backup from a few days ago and the Summary field was set to Total . . . running unchecked. I can guarantee the field options were not touched between the oldest and latest examined backups. The two backups I looked at were both saved from version 13 so this is not caused by the switch from 12.

David, I wish I could attribute this to human error but it's simply not possible. It changed on its own. Very troubling potentially.

I then blame a mystery shortcut.  :grad:

So many times while I'm typing or whatever I hit a mystery shortcut that makes my file ( FM, Excel, Budgets ) go cattywampus ( or catawampus, whatever your preference ).

This topic is 3772 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.