Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Go 13 on Server 12?

This topic is 3649 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Filemaker website says this combination works, but how is it in real life?  Am I missing anything significant by not going to Server 13?  I'm currently running FMS 10 on Mac OS 10.6.x.  If I go to Server 13, I'd have to update my OS as well as Parallels and I'd rather avoid that.  Also, how do the concurrent user licenses work with FMS 12?  Or is that specific only to version 13?

Concurrency cost is specific for FMS13, FMS12 does not have that.

There should be no issues if you develop your file in FM12, that way you are sure that you use no features that are 13-specific (including themes!) that FMS 12 can not handle when the client asks it to.

• 5 weeks later...

Concurrency cost is specific for FMS13, FMS12 does not have that.

There should be no issues if you develop your file in FM12, that way you are sure that you use no features that are 13-specific (including themes!) that FMS 12 can not handle when the client asks it to.

Hello Wim - just to chime in - i´m using FMS12 with FM 13 clients for some time now - i have not been able to find anything NOT working with the the client....  I have not been around in the corners of the GO yet, but it seems fine for now...

Do you know anything that would limit me (all of us) from generally hosting FM13 solutions with Themes, popovers, all the new stuff - on a FMS12 ???

Kind regards

I have had no issues hosting with FMS12 and using FMGo13 and FM Client 13. Of course, I realize that WebDirect is not possible. I would be interested to know what you've seen, Wim, as far as problems with Themes.

• 2 months later...

This topic is 3649 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.